Nexus Underwriting are looking to hire a diligent and numerically-skilled Management Accountant to join the Group Finance team in our London head office. Our successful candidate is a Part-Qualified Accountant with a positive attitude, good communication skills and ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, someone who is keen to take on new responsibilities.
This is a diverse Management Accountant role that involves working closely with the Financial Controller to assist with the management of the financial reporting, treasury, tax, and financial operations (insurance accounts and accounts payable); ensuring efficient and effective day-to-day operational and financial management of specified group entities.
This role is perfect for someone with experience of management accounting and financial control work. If you feel like you would thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you.
About the Management Accountant role:
- Producing monthly management accounts, cash flow and balance sheets;
- Forecasting and budgeting profit & loss, cash flow and balance sheets;
- Responsible for continuous improvement of financial controls;
- Managing the cash position with continuous improvement of the business unit’s cash flow monitoring and forecasting;
- Executing tax planning opportunities to minimise tax payable by the Group;
- Assist the Group VAT return and payment process;
- Monitoring timely payment of all invoices, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and adhered to;
- Continuous improvement of all Financial Operations processes;
- Reporting and escalating processes to the business in order to ensure compliance with finance policies.
- Part-Qualified Accountant with excellent technical skills, with a strong understanding of the insurance industry
- Previous experience of management accounting and financial control work
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to build trust by operating with integrity and professionalism
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks within a high pressured environment, including working to tight deadline
- High attention to detail in producing a quality output, accurate record keeping