PositionClaims Adjuster - Professional Indemnity
Reporting toClaims Manager
To work closely with the Claims Manager, Head of Claims and wider Claims team, providing a best in class claims service to our underwriting carrier partners, policyholders and brokers.
- To proactively handle Professional Indemnity, Financial Institutions and Directors & Officers claims in a timely and efficient manner from first notification to settlement/closure. This includes correctly assessing policy coverage as well as legal liability/quantum, plus effective diary and system/file management (and accurate data entry/claims notes), claims peer review, attending underwriting meetings and other ad hoc claims tasks;
- To ensure Nexus Claims acts an effective TPA following at all times applicable claims standards and adherence to contractual delegated authorities & service level agreements;
- Internal collaboration with Underwriters and other Claims Adjusters, processing technicians and claims operations/MI staff for the purposes of claims related activity, payments and relevant MI, plus carriers and external service providers, to ensure a quality and value for money service is provided/received within required timeframes;
- Adhere to Nexus policies;
- Complete a minimum of 15 hours of continuous professional development (CPD) annually;
- Identify and escalates claims related issues where necessary.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Educated to degree level preferable but not essential.
- Dip CII or equivalent (and interest in such qualifications).
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage own workload;
- Team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attention to detail, keen to learn and challenge the status quo;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Previous PI / FI claims adjusting experience required;
- Existing knowledge of the insurance claims market/process;
- IT literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
To apply for this position please Contact: Helen Saar
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org